Consortium for Renewable Energy in the West 2011
Click here to read a summary of the 2011 CREW meeting held in Seattle, WA in June 2011.
What was CREW?
The purpose of this multi-state/territories CONSORTIUM FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY IN THE WEST (CREW) was to serve as a catalyst in the West for:
- multi-function collaboration
Members identified and collaborated on projects including research, Extension, education,
policy development, and other ventures; and worked to partner with government agencies
and non-governmental organizations to identify and jointly act upon opportunities
that meet the goals outlined in this charter.
To address unique challenges and opportunities in the West CREW would:
- Advance research and use of renewable and alternative energy resources
- Promote energy conservation and efficiency
- Help the Nation achieve energy independence by identifying, developing and evaluating a variety energy options
- Enhance the quality of life in the Western Region by creating energy related jobs and economic opportunities
Extension, faculty and researchers with expertise in these areas: wind energy; energy efficiency and conservation including weatherization; and socio-economic factors of energy workforce development.