The Extension Sustainability Summit is being held at the Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown.
Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown
319 SW Pine Street
Visit hotel website.
ABOUT THE HOTEL
Housed in historic surroundings, the Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown hotel is the ideal base for exploring all that Portland has to offer. You’ll enjoy easy access to the city’s tax-free stores, famous microbrew beer pubs, popular restaurants and major corporations. This boutique-style hotel is conveniently located adjacent to public transportation, including the Max Light Rail System with direct connections to the Oregon Convention Center, Portland International Airport, Oregon Zoo, and other popular attractions.
GUESTROOMS AND AMENITIES
- Each suite features a private bedroom, which opens into a separate living area and a living room, complete with a refrigerator and microwave.
- Suites feature a choice of one king bed or two queen beds.
- Your stay includes free wireless internet access in your guestroom, a complimentary full breakfast buffet and evening Manager's Reception daily, and complimentary self parking in the hotel's garage. Valet parking is available for a charge.
- The hotel has a game room, heated indoor pool, two whirlpool spas, and state-of-the-art fitness center.
RESERVE YOUR ROOM
We have reserved a limited number of rooms so make your reservations early and use the following information.
Special ESS Group Room Rates
$199/night, two queen beds
$199/night, one king bed
Online Reservations - Click here to book online.
Telephone Reservations - Call 1-503-279-9000 and tell them you are booking a room under the "Extension Sustainability Summit" room block.
These special group room rates expire March 14, 2016.
The hotel website has a map, written driving instructions, and pricing information for taxis, shuttles, and the subway/rail. Click here for the information.
Betsy and Ros have both visited Portland. It is a very easy city to get around in and we encourage you to use the MAX light-rail system. It's only $2.50 to ride it from the airport to the hotel. Information is available at the airport and you may also check out the MAX website for information on purchasing tickets, maps, etc.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
We selected Embassy Suites Portland-Downtown in part due to their commitment to sustainable practices. The hotel has implemented a Green Team Vision and Green Initiatives. Plus, the Chef has taken to the roof and established beehives and a rooftop garden!
GREEN TEAM VISION
"At Embassy Suites Portland Downtown we believe that a sustainable business is dependent on economic vitality, social equity, and a healthy natural environment. We do not see these goals as mutually exclusive, but inextricably linked. As business leaders we are committed to develop sustainable business practices that meet the needs of present without compromising the welfare of future generations. We pledge to develop strategies that enable us to move toward sustainability while enhancing the value offered to our customers."
- Use of energy efficient lighting in all indoor/outdoor ares
- Linen and towel reuse program for multiple-night guests
Recycling and Composting
- Recycling receptacles in all guest room and back-of-house areas
- Used shampoo and conditioner bottles donated to a local shelter
- Consumer paper products made from recycled fibers
- Composting all food waste
- Older furnishings, linens, curtains, dishware, and bedding donated to local shelter
- Copy machines default to double-sided printing
- Culinary team focused on buying locally grown organic products
- Condiments served in bulk
- Individual temperature control in all meeting rooms
- Eco-friendly materials
- Recycling bins throughout all meeting space
- The hotel has improved its diversion rate to 42% (diversion from landfill)
- Environmental purchasing policy
- Preference given to product suppliers who provide and take back reusable packing/shipping pallets